Dragonflies pre-school acknowledges the problems that head lice can cause and encourages families to work together to minimise this problem.
We ask that parents:
- Check their child’s hair for head lice on a regular basis.
- Check the whole families’ hair for head lice on a regular basis.
- Do not send their child to pre-school with untreated head lice.
- Tie back shoulder length or long hair.
- Discuss with staff if they are having difficulties controlling head lice.
Whilst we will not exclude children who have head lice we will ask parents to collect a child from pre-school if head lice and/or eggs are visible and we have not been advised that they have been treated. This is to help prevent the spread of head lice to other children.
We will notify all parents if head lice have been detected and will ask all parents to be vigilant. We will not discuss with parents head lice problems of any child but their own. We will maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.