The toys and equipment at Dragonflies preschool provide opportunities for children, with and without adult help, to develop new skills and concepts in the course of their play and exploration.
In order to achieve this the equipment we provide:
- Is appropriate for the ages and developmental stages of the children.
- Provide sufficient quantity of equipment and resources for the number of children.
- Provides resources that promote all areas for children’s learning, development and emotional wellbeing.
- Select books, equipment and resources that promote positive images of people of all colours, cultures and abilities, are non-discriminatory and avoid racial and gender stereotyping.
- Provide play equipment and resources that promote continuity and progression, provide sufficient challenges and meet the needs and interests of all children.
- Regularly check all resources and equipment that are available each session.
- We repair and clean or replace, any unsafe, worn out or damaged equipment.
- Equipment that offers challenges to developing physical, social, personal and intellectual skills.
- Includes a range of raw materials, which can be used in a variety of ways and encourages an open-ended approach to creativity and problem solving.
- Will enable children, with and without adult support, to develop individual potential and move towards required learning goals.
- Conforms to all relevant safety regulations.