We comply with health and safety regulations and the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage in making our setting a no-smoking environment – both indoors and outdoors.
- Dragonflies preschool premises and St Marys primary school premises are non-smoking, cigarettes and e-cigarettes.
- Staff members, volunteers, parents and carers are not permitted to smoke in any area of the inside building or in any of the school grounds.
- Our setting is set within a school building where the school also has a no-smoking policy.
- Staff members and volunteers are not permitted to smoke when out of the premises on preschool trips.
- All staff, parents and volunteers are made aware of our No-smoking Policy.
- The No-smoking Policy is stated in information for parents.
- We actively encourage no-smoking by having information for parents and staff about where to get help to stop smoking if they are seeking this information.
- Staff who smoke do not do so during working hours.